View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 10:30 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Suitable Playpens for a Robo (Uk only)

It took my Robo three or four months to trust me enough to come onto my hand (inside his tank) to eat some linseeds and that's as far as we got which is fine with me.
I rarely clean his tank because his pee seems to evaporate and when i do, i clean part of the tank only and leave him in it. It's far too stressful for him to get taken out of his tank.

I think a Detolf would definitely be the answer for your Robo. You could then try and tame him or at least try and reduce his fear of humans or hands because he'd have enough space to hide until he feels more comfortable with you. My Robo used to run away for months when i put my hand in (for very short time), then he would slowly come closer and closer, then sniff my hand and the back of my hand until he finally plucked up the courage to walk on it to get the seeds. He seems to be very happy in his tank though, loves his wheel and sand and builds lots of tunnels in deep substrate.

A ballpit seems a good idea because they are inexpensive and can be folded away when not in use.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote