View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 11:28 AM  
TinyBubbles
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Please stay safe

Wednesday was my son's 11th birthday, his Grammy had arranged for a birthday sign that took our entire front yard. When I showed him in the morning he was upset and said, "no one is going to see it." My heart broke for him! I sent a message to my husband who is still working out "in the world" and his business partner posted a message on our Facebook city community page to help out.

We had total strangers drive by our house honking and yelling birthday wishes to my son all day long. A police officer made an appearance, blared the siren and announced his birthday over the loudspeaker and one person told my son he was "Facebook Famous!" Are there any words that could possibly excite a tween boy more? My community banded together to create a birthday our family will never forget. It is a prime example how simple acts of kindness can make a huge difference.

Today my son told me that was his favorite birthday so far. There was no big party, only one of his presents was here but he felt like the most important kid in the world! My heart is so full of gratitude.
TinyBubbles is offline   Reply With Quote