Thread: Playpen
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 05:29 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Playpen

I can't recommend one because my hamsters don't like playpens. I have a 133l bin cage with meshed windows as a playpen box for two of my dwarfs. It has different toys from their own cages like a flying saucer wheel, a long bendy plastic tube etc which i change from time to time. One dwarf also likes running on the futon with cushions to dive under and uses me as a climbing frame, the Robo won't come out and for my Syrian i have hamster proofed a room because he only likes free roaming.

I would suggest for you to make a playpen from cardboard boxes until you find out whether or not your hamster likes to go in one. You could connect boxes with plastic water bottles and create tunnels, runs, play areas and whatever you like. I did that when i first got my Syrian but most of the time he would just sit and sulk ignoring my elaborate creations which took up most of the lounge!

I have bought the Trixie wire panel play pen and wouldn't recommend it because it is very fiddly to put together and not very secure.
Some people use a plastic kiddies ball pit you can get from Amazon.
A wooden framed playpen from Getzoo i think it is would be the option i'd go for if i'd want to buy one or make a wooden framed one myself.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote