Thread: Cage Upgrades
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 08:35 AM  
NubiNuNu
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Cage Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi_78 View Post
Because they are so tiny, they don't drink much and the water bottle probably won't appear to go down from day to day. If you've had her more than a few days, she must be drinking as she would be quite dehydrated if she was not. Sometimes hamsters don't like to drink when people are watching, so she might be waiting until you are out of the room or asleep. If you see her using the bottle, make sure there are bubbles rising in the water as this indicates she is getting water out.

It would probably be a good idea to give her both a bottle and a bowl if possible so she has the choice. Since the detolf is so long, you could even put a bottle at both ends, just in case she hasn't quite got her head around all the space yet. She's most likely drinking just fine though. You could even give her a small portion of some moist foods like cucumber or grapes or apple if you want to be sure she is getting fluid.
I did give her both a bottle and a bowl, and I gave her some tiny slices of a cucumber slice and she was eating the cucumber a lot. Just wondering, are cucumber seeds good for hamsters? I cut them out just in case.
NubiNuNu is offline   Reply With Quote