Thread: Cage Upgrades
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 01:15 PM  
NubiNuNu
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Cage Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi_78 View Post
If I had a detolf I would section off half of it with 8 inches of bedding for burrowing. I would have another quarter with a couple of inches of sand, and the other quarter with shallow bedding (or you could even make this sand too). In the shallower area you can have the wheel and lots of hides and tunnels. You can also have millet sprays and other things like flax to enrich the cage environment, as well as wood chews, whimzees and pumice stones (the only things my Robo will chew are whimzees and pumice stones).
I gave her one of those whimzees dog chews and most of her cage has 9 inch high bedding. I made a custom cardboard hideout that she chewed a lot, so i flipped it backwards where there was a hole. She loves it so much. I also gave her a water bottle, but she doesn't seem to drink from it much. I replaced it today and gave her a water dish too, but she still doesnt drink anything. I did see something where you can put peanut butter on the nozzle then they will drink water while licking it off. I don't have any peanut butter and not only that but I know dwarf hamsters are prone to diabetes and I don't know how much sugar that has. Do you have any suggestions for her to drink water?
NubiNuNu is offline   Reply With Quote