View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 08:02 PM  
NubiNuNu
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Dwarf hybrid bloody bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrademarkPT View Post
Hi, I'm a long time follower of the site but I have never registered before. However, I have just come up a terrible sight and am scared shitless and would like an opinion.

I have a dwarf hamster named Floki. He's around 20 months old. He has a huge personality and loves to play with us. He's very loving, in fact he even learned how to kiss us on his own. He's also a bit chubby, I assume it's because he loves his dialy treats of hazelnut/walnut and because we never really got him off the food he was on the store that's a bit heavy on the fat.

His primary nest is in an area we can see him ever since he hurt his right hind leg (no idea how) and I sat by him all the time there, giving him water and tons of support. He seems to have made a full recovery in a few days but his bonding and trust for us became even stronger.

Today he wasn't feeling very playful and he didn't even come out to eat his dinner when I gave him his fresh food. I noticed he was eating out of his pouch and I assumed he was just feeling anti-social so I let him be.Later I noticed he came out to eat and went back to his nest. Just about 30 minutes ago I saw he was gone and I saw some red stains on a piece of toilet paper he was lying on. I managed to track him and I saw he had what appeared to be a bloody anus and left blood stains on my hand from when he was sitting on it. It is now past 2 am where I live and I am worried sick. Does he need to go to the vet? This couldn't have come in a worse time as today a state of emergency was declared because of covid-19. What should I do?

This is a picture I took of his anus (the best I could get since he hates being on his back and kept squirming) after I wiped the blood off with slightly moist q-tip:

https://imgur.com/a/aASjriv

Any help is appreciated! Thank you in advance
That's exactly what happened to me! My hamster ended up getting a tumour after we went to the vet and did some ultrasound. He died about 2 days after the vet visit. Is your hamster wobbling around like he is struggling to walk?
NubiNuNu is offline   Reply With Quote