View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 02:42 PM  
Celestial
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Please stay safe

Spoon thieves? Hmm, I might try that one day and see what happens, haha!

It is very strange, with things being shut down and the "social distancing" being implemented. Everyone feels super tense. In fact everyone feels so tense that I even feel uneasy at home. Even though we live in a normally quiet-ish spot, it feels quieter, almost like when the power goes out and you realize you miss the sound of the laundry and refrigerator. And there is a strange lack of "the end is nigh!!" preachers (at least on the news we have).

I don't want to sound callus, mean, or anything; I value life and personally I know some nice people who are from 80-100 years old and are extremely vulnerable to the coronavirus and also extremely vulnerable to any other virus, cold, flu, bacteria, or etc. I understand that the coronavirus is dangerous, and why places with large amounts of elderly and vulnerable should take many precautions. But, still, I feel like either there's some overreacting or I don't have the whole picture. Logically, from what little information I have, it feels like we're treating something akin to a slightly nastier new strain of the flu that gives vulnerable people pneumonia, which many other things can do, like some kind of black death zombie plague. Again, I feel like I am missing something, missing the why.

Why is everyone so tense? Are we all suddenly selective germaphobes, or is the thought of quarantine causing this tension?

Also, I wonder how long this will last? Will we still be in "social distancing" mode through the summer? The fall? Next year?

I hope all of your families stay happy and healthy. I hope those who need prescriptions can find the medicine they need and make a hamster-worthy stash. And I hope that we can band together to ensure that everyone gets the food and supplies they need.

~May our furry friends calm our hearts in these trying times.~
Celestial is offline   Reply With Quote