View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 11:46 AM  
Pinky and the Brain
Newborn Pup

Thumbs up Re: opinion on hamster balls?

Hello, I'm new to posting on Hamster Central.
This subject I have always found really interesting and I have done a lot of my own researching on Hamster balls.

Regrettably as a child I used to use Hamster balls to exercise my Syrians. Which prompted me as an adult pet owner to look into this product.
I now am proud pet parent of 2 Roborovski, Pinky and Brain.

When I first started my taming sessions I used the "tube" method for transporting them in and out of their enclosure. In my experience with my boys I thought this looked quite distressing for them as I would 90% cover both ends for their safety during transport which makes it dark.
Due to the nature of Roborovski being very fast and in most cases slower to tame taking more time and patience, I decided to look for a better way that I felt suited my boys best. Yes I use a clear Hamster ball for transportation purposes, I feel they are happier to be transported this way with more air and light. I also feel like this is a less intimidating way of transportation.
This is all my own experience with my boys and my opinion.

I don't feel Hamster balls offer any sort of healthy excise option and agree with all threads above but at the same time have always found such a general negative reaction to them online however I do personally feel in some cases and used correctly, have a good use and I would never be without mine.

I would never recommend this item to anyone without having a long conversation about it and how to use it as they are advertised as exercise balls.

Please feel free to disagree with me if you think I'm wrong but I would love to hear your reason and maybe a experience so we can all learn.

Massive thank you to NibbleeTheHamster for bringing this subject up.
Thanks for reading
Pinky and the Brain is offline   Reply With Quote