View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 10:59 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Happy Gotcha Day Henry!

A year ago today i sat on the floor of a pet shop with a little, rat faced, grey Syrian hamster crawling around on my knee. There were others, cuter looking ones in the same tank but this one was first in the queue trying to get out. He must have seen me and thought "she'll do" and made his way out.

Henry quickly became a big part of this household and grew into an independent, not very sociable but tame hamster who tolerates humans providing they are willing to share their breakfast with him. Henry is an expert hoarder and nest builder with a tendency to sulk when either of these commodities are messed about with. His hobby is wallpaper stripping and stealing the dwarves's food.

Henry, THANK YOU so much for being the delightfully grumpy hamster that you are and i hope that we can share many more hamster years together.

To commemorate the day i got together with another hamster fanatic and spent a day that was pure HAMSTER. We started with a visit to Porton Aquatics and then went on to another six pet shops, bought hamster stuff and treats AND rounded the day off by adopting two dwarves (not me).

Got a treat or two for Henry in my hamster rucksack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200312_203731.jpg (1.75 MB, 23 views)
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote