Thread: New hamster.
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 07:53 AM  
Geo92
Hamster Pup

Default Re: New hamster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Congratulations! Give him chance to adjust. It can take a couple of weeks for them to fully settle in a cage and best not to clean anything or move thigns during that time. He will be excited about his wheel. Sometimes they also run if they're a bit stressed (to run away from something?) But mostly for fun. It often settles down a bit after the novelty wears off.

After a couple of days you could try feeding him the odd treat through the bars as a start to taming/familiarising and keep talking to him so he gets familiar with your voice and presence.

Yeah I'm not cleaning anything really. Unless I find a poo for spot cleaning. Or something. Should I not clean his nest right away if he pees in it..

He wakes up around 10pm and wheels for hours. Then when I wake up he's sleeping.

He is eating and is hoarding small amount of food so I know not feed him for an other day or so.

He also poos on his wheel as I heard it flying around the wheel lol. Most flew of f on the ground though. Hoping after he gets older he will learn to do it somewhere more suitable lol.. I ain't concerned about the poo in the nest just the pee as you know why
Geo92 is offline   Reply With Quote