Thread: Run Free Edward
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 06:04 AM  
RJS
Hamster Pup

Default Run Free Edward

My friends have three children and they in turn have pets. When the family goes on vacation or is gone for the long weekend, I'm the critter sitter. That is how two years ago I first met Edward ... a new addition to the menagerie - a little Russian Hybrid. Up until then I didn't even know they existed but it didn't take long for him to become my favorite - a little fur-ball of attitude and spunk. Edward had a strange quirk in that he loved to be awake during the day and so by the end of that week, I found myself devising ways of explaining his disappearance as I really wanted to take him home! And so it is, that after living pet free for a very long time, I wound up with my own little Russian Hybrid and have never regretted it for a moment.

Edward died peacefully in his sleep yesterday at the age of two and even though he was not a member of this wonderful site, I wanted to mark his passing all the same. Critter Sitting just won't be the same with him gone and so I say good-bye to my little friend. If I'd only know last month when I was looking after the place that it would be the last time I would see you - I would have stayed a little bit longer to play. Run Free at the Bridge

And so it goes ....
RJS is offline   Reply With Quote