View Single Post
Old 03-03-2020, 10:39 AM  
Littlephodopusmom
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Photographing hamsters

I love photography, it's my hobby. But all my cameras are Bridge cameras versus DSLR's. The reason is that I like to shoot wildlife and also go to the mountains where packing a lot of gear and changing lenses don't work for what I'm shooting. If an animal appears suddenly I need to be able to point and click with no time to adjust settings. I rarely worry about lighting and the details because I use post processing to fix the images I'm not satisfied with. I use Photodirector the most, it's very much like Lightroom. When I bought my cameras I looked for ones that were moderate price, had the best zoom I could get, and could freeze motion (have Burst mode). I use burst mode most the time. I also look for cameras with great vibration and wind reduction controls because I don't have the steadiest hands, don't use tripods, and am often outside. I value my clear shots and fuzzed shots both because it is about capturing the moment for me more than the perfection of the shot. I would definitely call myself a lazy photographer and don't like fussing with a lot of controls Simply, I want the camera to work for me and as fast as it can. My blurred shots are usually a result of moving too much while I take shots. But with a fast camera and mental focus you can take shots out of a car at 100km and still have them clear. Burst is my key to happy photo taking, you can almost always get a shot you are happy about with a fast camera imo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burst_mode_(photography)
Littlephodopusmom is offline   Reply With Quote