Thread: Mocha's thread
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 11:05 AM  
VOESSY
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Mocha's thread

Me and Mocha have taken some more steps and are developing our friendship.
He is quite easy to handle now and trust my hands around him, which I am very pleased with.

I built him a better playpen, basically framing him into a third of my room and he seems super content roaming in that for now, and there's plenty of space for me to sit in there with him. The terracotta pot is very much his 'taxi' and I handle it as such, he willingly goes into it even when he seems spooked so the trust is definitely there, making it easy to bring him in and out of situations. Soon I will take some time and design and make some fun, bigger hides and toys for his play area.

Today he started to climb on me voluntarily and he does the 'palm to palm walk' pretty smoothly (at least as smooth as I manage to offer my hands ).

I experimented with growing barley sprouts for him and they grew quite high very quickly. I offer a little to him in his enclosure in the small pots (I love them).
I'm going to try growing some other things next.

His hours have become pretty solid. He tends to show his face around 9-11 PM and has his dinner, then stays up doing his thing until early morning hours. He is normally awake again between 9-12 AM, which usually is when I get to have him out of his enclosure and interact with him.

He is very entertaining, just enjoying my time with him really.