View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 11:04 AM  
Maybellana
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Torpor Hamster Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
I'm sorry to hear your ham is so unwell, if the temp hasn't fallen below 18C then it doesn't seem likely that torpor would be the issue. It's more likely to be some kind of illness or possibly organ failure.
How old is he? How did this happen, was he fine before the 12 hours he's been like this or was he showing any signs of illness or changes in behaviour, eating & drinking normally?
It's hard to guess what my be going on but if you can give nay more info it might help.
it seems very familiar to torpor, hes unresponsive, slightly cold but still limp, lowest my rooms got is 17C but very rare due to my heaters timer.
i'm unfornately not 100% on the age, i took him in from a colleague who said her teen daughter didn;t care for him anymore, bought from a pet shop, had him for a few months but she couldn;t remember exactly when they got him or how old he was when they got him, and ive had him since december, but going by his activity and movement he definatly wasnt a senior yet.
forum post i did earlier says hes a winter white hybrid, incase that makes anything more likely. i dunno. (my first dwarf hammy ;w

im not sure how this happened, i checked on him after i noticed he hadn;t run out for food like he always did when i put new scatter feed out and it was still untouched 2 hours later. he was laying in bed, snuggled up, unresponsive , cold but not dead (no rigor mortis). he was fine the day before, running on wheel, eating and drinking , only odd behaviour was he spent one day awake in middle of day compared to usual evening/morning time on thursday.
Maybellana is offline   Reply With Quote