View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 08:14 AM  
RolyRocks
Hamster Pup

Default Re: 9 month old hammie has started to chew cage bars!!

Thank you both for your replies. The last few nights I haven't heard him chew on the bars so fingers crossed all is now well. I am still not sure what caused him to start doing it, I thoroughly checked his wheel and it is absolutely fine and I always keep his cage in the same spot in my bedroom. I do add a new toy/treat occasionally so maybe this upset him a little....

Regards to cleaning, I am not sure if the way I do it is correct, but I spot clean a couple of times a week and check and remove some of his hoard once a week. I'm sure there are a few of us that can say this, but my goodness, my Roly is one big hoarder!! He appears to be a healthy weight but I sometimes wonder if he actually eats any of his food! He loves his fresh fruit and veg but the tablespoon of hamster food a feed him daily he stores in his bed! I have tried about 4 different types of hamster food in the past 9 months and he has done the same with all of them. I have tried both pellets and muesli and he is very selective about what he likes and what he dislikes. Maybe I have turned him into a fussy eater....
RolyRocks is offline   Reply With Quote