View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 02:24 PM  
Froobi
Newborn Pup

Question Crazy hyper dwarf hammy

So recently I upgraded Kookie's cage from her tiny dinkly cage to her nice wood more natural looking enclosure with lots more space.. She's got a wheel, climbing frame and lots other fun things in there...

I built the fencing with lollipop sticks but have now ripped them all off as she kept getting her front legs stuck between them, as well as her ankle which i had to get her out of she seems fine foot wise, running in a normal motion and not nibbling her feet with pain or anything..

The problem she has tho I think is more mental.. Since she moved to new house in January she always seems to stand up on her back legs against the walls like she wants to get out.. Now yesterday she has turned bat **** crazy!!! She's really hyper (more than her usual energetic self) spends aagggess running constantly on her wheel and now she has found a new love for climbing her wooden frame to fully leap (and I mean with all her might) off the top towards the clear plastic front,she did it 10 times in a row this morn!! She's still very social and climbs onto my hand very easily with no nibbling or biting.. But is very fast in my hands.. I feel that she's maybe trying to get out or away from something making her uneasy or uncomfortable but no idea what... Even offering food doesn't slow her down as she stuffs her cheeks then vrooms off again..

Maybe she generally preferred her tiny house to this new play ground I spent a fortune building her

Any ideas at all why she's gone so nuts?! I'm planning to clean her out this weekend as it's been around a month now.. (and the dog in picture she loves as used to sit at bars with her in her old cage, been friends together since we got the hamster..)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200213_200105.jpg (3.27 MB, 23 views)
Froobi is offline   Reply With Quote