Thread: Percy
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 11:12 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Percy

I just sat on the futon with Percy running all over me and i even stroked him a few times!

I never thought that this would ever be possible with Percy, the adopted dwarf who was so crazy and unhappy when i first got him last September. He attacked everything in sight and bit every chance he got. He used to throw himself on his back when he saw a hand and would jump and shake me off when i gently tried to touch him with one finger.

Slowly, slowly he became calmer and eventually he came to his window to ask for a mealworm. I was happy just to let him be a hamster and didn't expect anything of him but kept talking to him and both myself and my other half spent time with him every day. He started to go in his mug to come out and then he started to respond to his name. Percy didn't like the panel playpen much but the long Xmas tree playpen box was a big hit with him right from the start. I think he doesn't like big or open spaces and feels more comfortable in a smaller, enclosed space. He became so relaxed in the playpen that he would have a nap in there after playing.

I am so happy that this little hamster seems to be enjoying his hamster life now and that's all i wanted for him, to give him a better life.