View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 09:46 AM  
GhostsInSnow

Default Re: Hamster cage views for newbie

Hello there, first of all welcome to the forum. I hop youg et everything you need out of the forum and feel free to pm me if you need any help on the forum or anything.

Secondly, unfortunately the cage is on the small side and Syrian hamsters need floor space rather than height and this cage seems to offer the opposite. Whilst Syrians can be good climbers, they're also accident prone and not very graceful at all! So any cage that has height will need platforms and hammocks etc to break floors. You do need a cage that offers more floor space though so it might be worth looking at zooplus. I'm not sure what country you're in but Zooplus deliver to many places. Check out cages like the Alaska, Alexander and Barney cage as all are fantastic options for Syrians.
I'd like to point out that the forum doesn't have a set rule regarding cage size but it is widely accepted that Syrians need 80x50cm of floor space and over.
There are instances of hamsters NOT getting on well with bigger cages despite making all the necessary changes, however, for the most part they do better with more space.

GhostsInSnow is offline   Reply With Quote