Thread: Mocha's thread
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 04:23 AM  
VOESSY
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Mocha's thread

P L A Y P E N S E S S I O N

Mornings seem to be our current meeting time as today he again came out to socialize between 9 AM and 11 AM. I made a couple of items for his playpen, crocheting jute and sisal string. The bridge didn't turn out stiff as I had planned, but hey, haha. Also, the wheel is temporary. I built it the other day to facilitate if he does want to run, but I'll keep the stand and put a bigger sized container, making it suitable for any size he'll grow to.

We spent another 20 minutes in the pen together and this time I got some footage of him. (I split it into two parts - about a minute and a half in total).

I'm wondering if his behavior is a lot stressy, or sort of acceptable stressy for being a second time out of his enclosure. Maybe someone could offer an opinion on that, any input is greatly appreciated.

I use the terracotta pot to transport him (it's been in his enclosure for a bit and he is in and out of it a lot). Overall he's very used to my hands now, he doesn't mind being petted unless I accidentally surprise him which is understandable, and even then all he does is jump or twitch a little. He's mostly hiding underneath me or close to me, I'm guessing that is a good thing, rather than on the opposite side of the pen. When I took him back to his home he seemed calm, spent some time foraging while I talked to him and watched until he went to bed.

This playpen set is very temporary, I plan to expand it slowly and use different material from the cardboard. Eventually, he will be able to free-roam my entire room, because it is small enough and nothing on his height that can endanger him. That is down the line though.

Mochas second time in playpen (PART 1)
https://i.imgur.com/FHRRq8Q.mp4

Mochas second time in playpen (PART 2)
https://i.imgur.com/ngk4Ywm.mp4

Last edited by VOESSY; 02-12-2020 at 04:33 AM.
VOESSY is offline   Reply With Quote