View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 09:41 AM  
Courtflash
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Does anything happen to a hamster's body after death?

Thank you all so much for your replies. I feel so much better now. I was so worried because it was in the exact same place with both hamsters, but I'm glad to hear they really did pass peacefully. Both of them were able to go in their sleep.

All my hamsters' cages are in the living room, surrounding my sofa, so it's so weird to look around before I go to bed, expecting them to be awake by now, only to remember the cages are empty now. I adopted Minerva when I had already put out interest in the four boys, so there was only a month between them, and the boys were littermates, so I'm losing them all at the same time...

I still have my three boys, and each day is just anxiety now. They're all healthy looking and no one's really aged, but I don't think Robo's usually live long enough to do so anyways.

As for burial, I don't have a garden. There are areas with plants and soil on my estate, and there's a huge park right next to where I live, but obviously it's all public property, so I don't think I could use it. Even if I decided to do some digging when no one would see me, I'm still paranoid about the local foxes digging up any graves I might make.

Regardless, thanks again for your replies, they've really helped.
Courtflash is offline   Reply With Quote