View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 02:13 PM  
Engel
Hamster Addict

Default Re: Any Gardeners here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmityvilleHams View Post
Used hamster bedding should be fine. I know people use rabbit litter/bedding for that although to be fair rabbits do put out a significantly larger volume of poop than any hamster could even dream of!

I've considered loofah as a dog chew. The only products I've seen for dogs involving loofah however have an unknown origin and are dyed - both things being big concerns. There's also the uncertainty of whether or not it could potentially wear down canine teeth, since it obviously has great usage for pets who have constantly growing teeth and therefore benefit from things that wear their teeth down like loofah. However with dogs, wearing teeth down is ultimately very detrimental to their overall dental health and general health too - this is one of the reasons why tennis balls must never be used as a dog toy(or really a toy for any pet with all the risks considered).
About the loofah, yes it's hard when fully mature, perfect for sponges and rodent chews but what if you harvested it while it was a younger fruit? Should be softer so shouldn't wear the teeth down as much. Might help clean them too
Engel is offline   Reply With Quote