View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 01:53 PM  
Periwinklepets
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Potential Cushings Dilemma...I’m stuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petite View Post
Aw, poor mite. I'm afraid I've not have any experience with Cushing's disease in my own hamsters, but it does sound very much as though this is what your Bijou is suffering from.

Is she eating and behaving normally? Another sign of Cushing's is drinking more, so you could keep an eye on her water bottle. You say she is scratching hard, so is probably experiencing some itching. You could help her to feel more comfortable by obtaining a cream from your vet or pet shop.

I would recommend taking Bijou to the vet is you feel she is unhappy or suffering. In the meantime, perhaps just give her a little more bedding as she will be feeling the cold more.
Sorry for the late reply, Petite! She eats normally from what I know but has always been more frail and small since I got her, but probably more so now. Its hard to monitor her water consumption because she lives with her sister, and since that they're so small compared to the bottle. The other day I noticed she had a scab, but today it was gone. She does have some balding on her neck though. I have some thyme tea to soothe her bald spots, I’ll have to check around to see if I can find a cream too. I don’t think Bijou is unhappy or in pain, she’s definitely slower and looks disheveled but she seems to walk around a good amount in the playtime bin they have. She seems fairly curious too but is way less squirmy when you first pick her up; she just allows it. thank you for the bedding suggestion, I’ve given them more carefresh and tissues in their hut, and I’ve also moved them to the warm bathroom during colder nights. Ive been giving her grape seed extract in baby food via syringe, since she is so un food motivated. I heard it can help with Cushings if this is the case. Thank you so much for your response!
Periwinklepets is offline   Reply With Quote