View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 06:50 PM  
Vierville
Hamster Addict

Default Monty bar chewing

I'd really appreciate a bit of advice on this please... Monty, my 1yr 8 month old Campbells dwarf has always been good as gold, and her only minor vice was a little bit of bar chewing out of what I think is excitement if she saw the mealworms were out and it was worm time.

Recently, in the last week or two, she seems to be doing this every time she sees me. Whenever I walk into the room she goes to exactly the same spot in her cage and frantically bar chews. I usually give her a worm to shut her up which I suspect might be to blame (I'm also feeding her more worms recently since I noticed that she isn't eating her dry food as much as before).

I can't imagine it is boredom as she has a big cage comprised of two separate cages joined vertically by external pipes,forming two levels, a nice wheel (which she hardly ever runs on),some tunnels, two houses and a sand box, lots of deep substrate that she burrowss in, lots of chew sticks and Whimzees...

She also only really seems to occupy the one level of her cage, seldom venturing up to the top level.

She gets at least an hour of out of cage time every few nights which she spends running all over me and getting cuddles.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what I can do to stop her bar chewing?
Vierville is offline   Reply With Quote