View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 03:46 PM  
sushi_78
Hamster Overlord

Default Re: Syrian out of breath after exercise

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaTheHamster1 View Post
I don't think the breathing thing sounds normal either. I would mention it to the owner for sure. Can you feel any lumps on her anywhere? Does she squeak when cleaning herself, she may have arthritis in the back legs.
As for moving the wheel with just front paws, if you mean from the outside, mine have done that on occasion - i think they think they can escape or something?
I think I will definitely mention it to them.

I haven't had a good feel of her, because she isn't good with handling. She's friendly and wants to come out, but isn't very comfortable being touched. I can't see any obvious lumps though.

I do think she isn't grooming properly. When she has stood on my hand it felt like the fur on her belly was clumped, as if stained with urine. I haven't been able to look yet, but I will try over the next couple of days. Her cage had been cleaned before she arrived, but I can see no sign of diarrhoea, so I think it's urine. I haven't seen her clean herself yet. Her fur isn't greasy though, it has the dull look of an older hamster.

Her wheel is a plastic Trixie wheel, the enclosed type. She stands in front of it and turns it using the holes in the cover. She does this more often than running in it normally.
sushi_78 is offline   Reply With Quote