Thread: Mocha's thread
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 03:20 PM  
VOESSY
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Mocha's thread

I've had a lot of time on my hands the past couple of days and after watching some youtube videos I felt inspired for some editions for Mocha's enclosure. I realized I had not provided anything that would challenge him to get on his back legs, climb or something that moves, apart from his wheel.
So I went through some craft things and made a kebob thingy. It doesn't come off in the bottom, but at the top where it has a small locking mechanism. I wasn't sure he'd enjoy or even notice it, but he went straight to it when he poked his head out the first time tonight. His struggle was quite amusing and I believe he was a bit offended when it swung back at him, causing him to go away for a bit again. Hopefully, it's something he'll enjoy further. (i took it away after he had those two pieces so he doesn't have too much in one go).

I also had a coconut laying around which I cut in half, sanitized and made a little swing thing with sisal string. Not sure about it since it is more likely to suit mice or rats, but if he's interested in it I'm sure he'll show it.

Besides this, I've also put together some cardboard toys to use for the first time taking him out for some bonding in a playpen-setting soon. Looking forward!

Mocha vs kebob
https://i.imgur.com/M59xCBX.mp4