View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 12:18 AM  
Littlephodopusmom
Hamster Pup

Default Re: New Member feeling sad

I took Bud back to the vet Monday as I was really worried his leg wound was getting infected. The wound on his chest side was looking pretty good I thought but could have sworn I saw some pus accumulating in his leg. It was near impossible for me to see properly as he is so wriggly and always squirming. My little worm Even trying to wrap him in a cloth I just couldn't see it well enough. But the great news was that the Dr said the wounds were looking really good and healing well! The Dr was unable to hold him also, so he had to give light gas again and then he had a good look. I was so relieved!! He gave me more Baytril antibiotic for another 7 days just to be sure though and I did go out and get him a little smaller tank to stay in until he's all well. The Dr figures he should be well healed in about another 5 or 7 days. Buddy is looking very bright and chipper now, is eating well and is dying to get his wheel and sand back, poor sweetie. I know he must be so bored so I'm letting him out for supervised exercise with just safe toys / nothing sharp or that he can climb on. I said to him earlier... how's my little twinkletoes today? And he was all excited to get treats and playtime, running all over the place lol. Does everyone do the baby talk? This round of Baytril is "Tutti Fruity" and he happily took it with no holding at all! So I guess he's not keen on the last flavor, banana. Course he liked that for the first couple of days and then got wise to it so hopefully he won't hate the new flavor tomorrow! I'm feeling so much more hopeful since the apt and am keeping my fingers crossed! I almost forgot to mention...the manuka honey arrived today in case I need it so am really happy about that also.

Last edited by Littlephodopusmom; 02-05-2020 at 12:28 AM. Reason: forgot to add note about manuka I had mentioned earlier
Littlephodopusmom is offline   Reply With Quote