View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 02:46 PM  
peculiarplanets
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Jupiter's thread

Welp, we've got an escape artist!

I just came home from dance class, showered, finally sat down on the couch when I heard a rustle coming from the closet where I store my art supplies. Just before that, when I came home, I checked on Jupiter and noticed her food barely had gone down and the millet spray she loves was still barely touched. I thought maybe she had hoarded a lot of food and wasn't hungry

Anyway, so I checked in the closet and saw her scurrying away quickly. No idea low long she had been in there for but when I put her back in her cage (using the small canvas she had used as a toilet) she began to drink immediately, so I guess quite a while.

For now I placed heavy books on top of the cage lid. But if anyone has any ideas to weigh down the lid, I'm all ears! At least Jupiter is now safe again and I'm glad I found her in time. I have been wondering if she needs more exercise because I never see her run in her wheel (I did place substrate on top of it and it was gone the next morning, but she also tends to crawl behind the wheel and it moves a little when she does so). I haven't gotten around getting a playpen yet and she's often awake an hour before I go to bed, so during weekdays I don't have much time with her. During the weekends she wakes up later, probably because I'm around all day. I guess I'll just have to take whatever time I have with her. As well as hope she won't escape again :P