Thread: My own mix
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 09:26 AM  
Engel
Hamster Addict

Default My own mix

Right, I was sick and tired of my one ham picking out bits from her muesli (eating only sunflower and pumpkin seeds, some corn and nut) so decided to try and make my own. Let me know what you think. Bowls are empty now so must be good!

Please note I have 4 hamsters over 6 months old. I have Syrians and a robo and they all eat this. I gradually changed them over in the course of a week and seem to be doing well. I have researched safe foods and their natural diet and tried to replicate it to some degree. I'm going off the knowledge that an adult hamster needs roughly:
Protein:17-19%
Fat: 4-7%
Fibre:6-15%

Right my mix
(Note this is their basic mix. I give kale or spinach every other day as well as dried carrot, parsnip, dandelion salad and beetroot. Also some mealworms for those who eat it and some fresh herbs like thyme and basil).

Protein: 18%
Fat: 6.6%
Fibre:12.6%

Ingredients
Muesli (wheat flakes,oat flakes,barley flakes) with dried fruits and nuts (raisins,dates,almonds and hazelnuts. I have accounted for these so it's balanced).
Pure oats
Green lentils
Millet mix (red millet, red Dari, maize, white millet, safflower and peanuts)
Pearl barley
Pumpkin seeds
Chai seeds
Sunflower seeds
Sesame seeds
Flaxseeds

When mixed together it all looks the same but there's lots of variety I'll try adding a picture.

Let me know what you think
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200124_155408441.jpg (4.51 MB, 19 views)
Engel is offline   Reply With Quote