View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 01:38 AM  
Vierville
Hamster Addict

Default Re: If you had a hamstery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
I might call it Harley Hamstery, a combo of my two passions. I would never breed or run a rescue because i would struggle to part with a hamster. If i had a rescue, i would vet potential adoptive parents so thoroughly, lecture them on proper hamster care, demand to see the set up, insist on signing a legaly binding document never to use a hamster ball that people would run a mile and label me as the crazy hamster lady.
I wouldn't be able to part with a hamster either. The "re-homing" would purely entail the hamsters coming to live with me. Full stop.

The rescue organisation that I got Nanuk and Norman from requires adoptive hamster-owners to sign a detailed and legally binding contract stating amongst other things that the hamsters must have a suitable habitat (which they check before handing over the hamster), must always have the necessities, must be provided with veterinary care and the vet's name and contact details must be provided at the time of adoption which is checked as not all vets see hamsters, may not be bred at all, must give permission for regular home inspections, must give details of a person who will look after the hamster should the adopter be ill or go away, may not be re-homed by the adopter, regular updates must be given to the rescue organisation throughout the hamster's life... It is very thorough indeed and rightly so!

I honestly take my hat off to people who run rescue organisations.

RiaP - I like the name Harley Hamstery! I can imagine your hamsters on miniature Harleys with leather jackets and helmets on They could form a hamster biker association of their own... "Hell's Hamsters".

Last edited by Vierville; 01-23-2020 at 01:51 AM.
Vierville is offline   Reply With Quote