View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 12:58 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Where do you keep your hamster(s)?

Newt (rip) used to be in our spare bedroom which is downstairs. It had its pros and cons - it was nice and quiet but I wasn’t always there to see when he came to the cage door to want to come out so had to keep popping in and checking on him. Nugget (Robo rip) was in the living room - his cage on top of a kallax unit. Being a Robo he used to be out in his cage more often and I could see him easily at various times.

So bearing that in mind, now we have two hamsters again, I decided to have them both in the living room and bought a console table (like two shelves on legs) so I could have both cages in living room. However hamsters vary and neither of our two Syrians come out much when the tv is on - even though they’re at the other end of the room. They can be tempted out though!

A hamster room sounds a nice idea and they would get used to coming out at a certain time each day - eg get to know when you’d be there. I still prefer having them in the living room with us and set the playpen up in here.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote