View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 09:21 AM  
HammyHamsterson
Newborn Pup

Unhappy Hamster suddenly stopped running on his wheel..

So when I checked on my Syrian hamster this morning,I noticed that his wheel hadn't been touched. I could tell because I always put a small pink willow ball in there but when I checked, the willow ball was still on his wheel which means he never ran on it.

I also noticed the past two days, sometimes he would get poop stuck on his butt which he won't clean off until I would pick it off for him. The poop looked normal though, it wasn't shapeless or diarrhea-like. It looked like the typical dark brown pellet, except just stuck to his bum.

I also noticed he starts waking up 45 minutes later than he usually does, but IDK if this counts as weird behaviour because he changed his sleeping schedule twice already within the past few months.

I put him in his play-bin this morning and he ran on his flying saucer on and off, so I don't think he has an injury, he wasn't moving slow either. I don't think it's old age, I got him in August and he was approx 3-4 months old max. But IDK why he didn't run on his wheel last night and all that other stuff.

Please help me, I've already had 2 hamsters before pass away, I'm really concerned
HammyHamsterson is offline   Reply With Quote