View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 11:28 AM  
sarahbutterflies
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Where can I find this tyoe of hamster?

It sounds like you are trying to find a very specific hamster. All hamsters are different and will look different based on species and color/patterning. The species you are wanting is a short haired Syrian (versus a long haired Syrian), the other species are dwarfs and are much smaller. You can always call pet stores to see if they have that specific patterning so you don't waste your time going a bunch of places. You could also look into rescues or shelters to see if they have any small animals available. Female hamsters go into heat about every 4 days and their gestation period is fairly short, about 20-30 days and they can mate immediately after they give birth which isn't great but possible. What do you mean by different though? As in the colors, patterns, size, or something else? Hamsters in their respective species should look fairly similar to one another. Also Syrians generally need larger items (12" wheel for example) that will cost more and more space, just another thing to consider because I wasn't fully aware of that before getting mine.
sarahbutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote