View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 10:26 AM  
toffeeham
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Silent Runner not spinning...tips?

My girl uses a silent runner as the primary wheel and it spins easily, which is comparable to another Kaytee comfort she has. I would recommend that you reassemble the wheel referencing the instructions/videos just to make sure every part is in the right place and then spin the wheel with your hand to see if it runs smoothly.

One issue I have had with the cage attachment setting is my hamster's cage gets slightly narrower at the bottom and the part that goes behind the wheel is a bit too short. It worked very well when my girl was little. But once she becomes fully grown, her running motion shakes the wheel a bit, making it sometimes touch the side surface of the cage and creating some noise. So I have to switch back to the standalone setting. If you feel the stand is too tall and do not want your hamster to stay underneath it, you could try adding more bedding under the wheel and pressing firmly and maybe piling even more bedding around her hides.

If the problem could still not be solved, you may want to just contact exotic nutrition to ask for their support.

Last edited by toffeeham; 01-20-2020 at 01:46 PM.
toffeeham is offline   Reply With Quote