View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 12:47 PM  
OliverS
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Homemade Bin Cage Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
You can use kiln dried pine from a DIY store for shelves, I use 10 or 15 cm dowels from ebay for legs or you could get longer ones & cut them to size.
I'm not totally sure about hot glue tbh, I use Ponal, available from amazon, it is expensive but safe & strong, if you want to ptotect the shelves & make them easy to clean you can paint them with Plastikoe water based enamel too.
I've never used velcro but I think you can just stick it onto the back of the bottle. I,ve found the Rodipet stands really good.
https://www.rodipet.co.uk/accessorie...s-and-bottles/
Can't rememer what size my mesh is offhand, I'll have to check that.
Thank you Cypher.

I’ll have a look at the kiln dried pine, looks easy to find. The dowels sound good as well.
Ponal looks good to me, I’ll grab some of that, and some plastikote.
I’m going to see if Velcro works because the Rodipet stuff is in euros and my bank won’t be a fan of that but I’ll keep it in mind for if Velcro doesn’t work.
I’m guessing it won’t really matter that much because it’ll be on top of quite a tall box but I don’t want to risk it with my little ones being very climby. I’ve seen some 50mm mesh relatively cheap which looks alright I think. I’ll keep googling
OliverS is offline   Reply With Quote