View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 01:18 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Appears confident rescue syrian - advice please

Congrats on your new ham, good to hear she now has the forever home she deserves.
Some hams are interactive from the very start & being in a tiny cage she won't have had much opportunity to hide away so is probably quite used to people being around, if she wants to interact that's great just keep going with it.
I would gradually introduce her to some out of cage time in a play pen or other safe area for a short time to begin with, give her some things to explore while you interact with her than just keep going with whatever she seems comfortable with.
I wouldn't put the old in cage in the new one, some people will use a new cage as a play cage for a while to get there ham used to it, I generally just swap over in one go but keep all the substrate from the old cage & don't clean any toys or anything for a while before & after the move to keep the scent familiar.
If she's been used to a tiny space then you will probably need to make sure there isn't too much open space in the new cage as she may find that stressful, just use plenty of hides, tunnels, bendy bridges etc to give her plenty to explore & fill out the space.
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote