View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 04:56 PM  
Engel
Hamster Addict

Default Re: Cage theme ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
Looking forward to see your handcrafted hamster items.

I bought Keto-Diastix on Amazon, put him in a small plastic box where he peed, took him out and tested his urine with a diastix. I put him on a healthy diet soon as i got him and aside from his excessive drinking/peeing he's hamstering about like any healthy hamster. He was overweight but is now in better shape and likes running on his wheel. Good way to get the surplus grams off.

A decent environment makes a big difference to a hamster and there is something very rewarding in adopting a hamster no one else wanted as you know yourself.
I will post a piccy of different items so if anyone is feeling crafty they can have a few ideas.

I'll keep the keto-diastix in mind. From my understanding dwarf species are at a higher risk compared to Syrians? My robo has a tiny bit of dehydrated apple but not very often so I doubt I need to worry but definitely something worth knowing.

Aww I'm glad he's doing better. I would be gutted if any of mine ended up with diabetes as I love the wooden accessories. But health comes first. Rather change to plastic than deal with possible resp or skin issues from the mould.
Engel is offline   Reply With Quote