View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 10:29 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Cage theme ideas

My hamsters don't have themed habitats because they have been adapted to their needs and preferences.

My non burrowing, height loving Syrian has a suspended wicker tunnel attached bridge so he's able to walk across his cage off the ground and sit on various degus shelves placed at different heights.

My diabetic dwarf can't have wood or anything that forms mould when damp in his habitat so has washable plastic and ceramic plus disposable cardboard items. I made him a platform with a ramp from an Alaska plastic shelf.

My robo lives underground and likes to run around so has deep substrate and three long, bendy ladders to run across.

Best to watch a hamster for a while and find out what they do in their habitat and what they like rather than going for a set theme i think.

Dessert might be alright for a sand loving dwarf but some syrians like sand too, as long as you add an oasis with lots of millet sprays etc.

I have seen a "Hobbit" themed set up somewhere which i loved and really worked well for a hamster.

I'm looking forward to see your new set ups because you are very creative and imaginative.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote