View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 06:54 AM  
AmityvilleHams
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Glass or Plastic Bottle?

I will say that while you can find endless plastic bottles made in China, there are still some not made there. I believe Lixit bottles in general should be made in the USA(they even have glass options), but Classic plastic bottles in the UK are as far as I can remember made in the UK. I know Savic plastic products are also supposed to not be made in China(I forgot the exact country), though I can't say for sure how many hamster options there may be.

Buying products made in countries known to have better standards can certainly help improve safety standards and overall quality control, along with proper cleaning of water bottles which I'd have to say we're probably severely lacking when it comes to hamsters. Glass doesn't hold bacteria etc like plastic, doesn't leach into the water, or anything like that and is more environmentally friendly etc. Obviously if you had to have an emergency water source other than safe watery veg and you had no good quality glass option then it would be the responsible choice to offer a plastic bottle(hamster dehydration is not something anyone wants to witness or go through, and those hamsters who do experience it don't always recover no matter how much work goes into nursing them back to health).
AmityvilleHams is offline   Reply With Quote