View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 03:21 PM  
chloeeruth98
Hamster Pup

Default Wintergreen's upgraded natural setup!!

Just finished upgrading Wintergreen's DIY cage, a big project but so worth it! She is a big burrower, so I've created a large digging area of mostly Kaytee c&c, with her nesting hut in the middle. She has already dug a maze of tunnels (both useful and pointless lol!) and is loving her new extra large sandbath. She also particularly likes her new cork log.

If anyone's interested in materials etc...

The cage is a diy 1,000inē vinyl lined mdf and clear polystyrene sheet tank I built a year ago, lined with adhesive plastic and sealed with shower sealant to make it waterproof for cleaning. The base substrate is back2nature litter, with some green carefresh for decoration, and Kaytee c&c natural colour for burrowing. I've also given her Safebed paper strip bedding for her nest. The wheel is a 12in Trixie wooden wheel sealed with plastikote, most of the toys are Trixie or Pets at Home, and the sand baths are just plastic sandwich tubs with Tiny Friends Farm bathing sand inside. Her adorable green leaf ceramic bowl is from a local Pet's Corner shop.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191223_212224.jpg (3.92 MB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg 20191223_212318.jpg (3.39 MB, 79 views)

◇ hammy Mum to Wintergreen ◇
Maisie, no longer with me, but forever in my ♡
chloeeruth98 is offline   Reply With Quote