View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 02:57 AM  
Salem13
Hamster Pup

Default Soon-To-Be Hamster Parent

Hello! I'm new to this forum and hopefully will be a new hamster owner in the new year. I have never owned my own hamster but I recall my brother did when I was very young. I believe his name was Sidekick and looking back on it he definitely was not taken care of properly. Thank the Gods for the internet and being able to learn about good animal husbandry!

A little about myself- my name is Salem, I'm 21, and I seem to have a thing for pets that are often kept in the wrong conditions. Just over a year ago I got a betta fish after extensive research on them and aquariums in general. His name is Lazarus and he currently lives happily in a 20 gallon long tank with several snail roomates. My other pets consist of several garden snails, slugs, guppies, two cats, and a dog. I've always been surrounded by pets and believe it or not this is the fewest my family has had since I was born.

The hamster I'm planning on adopting is a 5 month old rescue named Chip-though I will likely change that name. He's a Russian dwarf hamster though I'm unsure on the specific kind. I'm sure you all will be hearing plenty about him once I bring him home though!
Salem13 is offline   Reply With Quote