View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 10:25 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Red lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithuviel View Post

So there is nothing to worry about? Thank you for the assurance. :hug:
Sounds all like normal hamster behaviour to me. Our Robo used to get up at 22.00 for a couple of weeks when we first got him, then he got up later and later, now its 01.00+. I have no idea why but hamster behaviour is a mystery to me anyway. Wished someone would write a comprehensive hamster behaviour guide so i could understand the little critters.
You think you get to know them and their routines and then they suddenly decide to change everything, get up at different times, pee in a different place, totally ignore you for ages and then suddenly seek your company for half an hour or so. Thing is, they very much have minds of their own and things have to happen on their terms. That's my experience with my hamsters anyway but i've only kept some since March this year.
I expect nothing of them and simply enjoy watching them being hamsters. When they let me handle them and only one of my three does, i feel quite flattered. They are fascinating little creatures.

One thing i want to point out is that hamsters are very nosy. They are usually keen to investigate something new, like a new food or toy so try and give him variety but don't change his things around.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote