Thread: Hemp Bedding?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 02:33 AM  
Ithuviel
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Hemp Bedding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
When i was young back in the 60's i had a guinea pig and got the wood shavings from the local saw mill. We all did and never thought about what kind of wood they came from. Our pets were fine and i sometimes wonder if people look into things too deeply nowadays.
You can give your hamster heaps of plain white toilet paper torn into strips for nesting material. They love that.
I also had a syrian hamster in 2003 with not only unknown wood shavings but also scented ones. he lived about 2,5 years. He was very stressed at the end of his life because he also had a very small enclosure, i think it was a 20l tank. A very small wheel, smaller than 20cm. All i could fit in the enclosure was the wheel and the house. I also didn't provide him with water i just fed him cucumbers twice a day. I did all this because there was no book on hamsters and because the pet shop suggested to put him in a jar. I actually did better then the pet shop suggestion if you can believe it.

Anyway, the 60s, i wonder what information you had at that time. I am also from eastern europe so i don't think guinea pigs and hamsters were available in my country at the time because of communism.
Ithuviel is offline   Reply With Quote