View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 08:20 AM  
kaitlynnb1209
Newborn Pup

Exclamation Please help!! Sick hamster

I have a teddy bear hamster who is roughly 2 years old. (I got her about 2 years ago but was unsure of her age when I purchased her) This morning when I woke up she was sitting on top of her little hidey house and was almost wobbling? So I immediately picked her up and when I held her she just laid flat in my hand with her eyes closed, which she never does. Whenever I hold her she immediately wants to play and is running all over the place. Unfortunately I had to leave for work, but my boss was kind enough to send me home to take care of her, so when I got home I grabbed a towel and laid her on my chest to try and keep her warm because she felt a little colder than normal. She just laid there with her eyes barely open while breathing heavily, and then a few minutes later she flopped on her side and let out a weird noise and some orangish foaming came out of her nose and she was gasping for air. After about 30 seconds of this she eventually sat back up and went back to breathing heavily, but then a few minutes later she did the same thing but for a longer period of time and her eyes were wide open like they were going to pop out of her head. I thought she was finally passing but now she’s back to being in a ball with her eyes closed and breathing heavily. I’ve called multiple vets around me and only one will take her, but not until 1:30 and it’s just now only after 10 am. I put her back in her cage so she’s not stressed out by everything around her and is in a comfortable environment if she ends up passing before I can have her seen. Is there anything at all I can do to help her in the mean time? I feel so helpless

Last edited by kaitlynnb1209; 11-13-2019 at 01:06 PM.
kaitlynnb1209 is offline   Reply With Quote