View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 06:20 AM  
Harper37
Newborn Pup

Default Re: best cage for a pair of hybrids

thank you so much for your advice! I have two of the pets at home 6.5" silent spinner wheels, as I like to have at least 6 inches of bedding in their cage, and thats the biggest wheel that can comfortably fit in the mini duna with that much bedding. As for hides, I have open-bottomed ones so that if anyone gets blocked in, they can dig their way out (and they seem to enjoy digging tunnels from one house to another), should I swap them out for hides with two exits?

I also have the tunnels with loads of holes in them, however with two wheels, two food bowls, two water bottles, two hides, a tunnel and a branch (from a pet shop marketed for small animals, I can't remember what kind of wood it is, but i did check that it was safe) the cage is already full and I haven't even put a sand bath in yet!

I'm looking into the zoozone 1, however I'm not sure how much more space the extra 20cm width will actually give me as the sides slope a lot more and I would still like to be able to fit in a lot more enrichment? are there any good cages that are 80-90cm, and would that size be suitable?
Thank you again for your help!
Harper37 is offline   Reply With Quote