View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 08:24 AM  
akxh
Newborn Pup

Default Help! Swollen limbs T-T URGENT

Hi everyone!

I noticed my hamster, Mochi having swollen paws about two weeks ago. She was limping as well. Brought her to a vet immediately the next day and the vet said it was PROBABLY a fracture. Mochi was given Baytril, Metacam to help with the swelling. I removed all wheels and toys, changed her bedding to kitchen paper towels. Even changed her bar-cage to a tank-type.

At first, her swelling did go down and she could walk properly again. However, now I noticed her other 3 limbs are also swollen!?!! But the funny thing is, she could walk perfectly fine, eats and drinks fine too.... I brought her back to the vet to check again but the vet was unsure what is happening too, she even mentioned that it could be allergies? I am really lost and I don't know how I can help my hamster although she is not in visible pain...especially when it is swollen for roughly more than two weeks....

Here's an attached picture of my hammie's paw. Her other three limbs look exactly like this too. (https://flic.kr/p/2hHi41L) Actually, it looked more like her joints were swollen?? Note that there was no cuts, scratches, scabs or blood noticed over the two weeks. Also, she has the entire cage by herself.

I would appreciate it if anyone could enlighten me about her condition.... T-T
akxh is offline   Reply With Quote