Thread: Pickle's Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 09:04 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Pickle's Thread

Pickle has been out getting his food and veg every night and rearranged a few chews etc! He has been hiding away a bit and only coming out after we’ve gone to bed but it has only been two nights. May try and tempt him out for some handling tonight. Meanwhile I have added a couple more things to his cage - partly to make it cosier and partly to avoid a couple of possible fall risks I spotted - onto his steps or bendy bridge. So he now has a second Sputnik which partly hangs over the steps, a tube which goes over the bendy bridge and a bit of hemp may stuck onto the steps that aren’t completely covered by the Sputnik so if he did happen to fall from the roof onto the steps it would be a soft landing. It also gives more places to go and I prefer his set up to moos now.

He can go up the steps to the left shelf and then either through the Sputnik and tunnel to the right shelf, or round the back shelves and up the little ramp to the right shelf, or get down or up part way round the back shelves via the bendy bridge.

Moo uses his roof tunnel a lot so hopefully pickle will like his.

It also makes more overhead cover in the cage so it doesn’t seem so high/ open and exposed so he should feel more secure.

Now I just need to tempt him out!

Attachment 49281

Attachment 49282

Attachment 49283

Last edited by Pebbles82; 11-27-2022 at 06:48 PM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote