View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 08:37 AM  
Kyrkogrimr
Hamster Pup

Default Barney cage for syrians

Hey all,

I'm looking at possibly getting a second hamster in the future (probably December/January at the earliest) and I've been looking at options for cages/tanks etc. Sadly I don't have a long space for a second detolf, and I have been thinking about DIY-ing a cage, but I'm concerned my rudimentary diy skills might not be equal to the task, so I've also been looking at cages. Barney has come up as one of the biggest I can find (I did have a look around the cage review forum too) but as I'm thinking of possibly getting a syrian this time, I was wondering about how people have found it for syrians? It looks small compared to the detolf I have, but photos can make it hard to judge scale and perhaps I've just been spoiled by the floor space available in a detolf?
I want to be fair to hypothetical future hamster and currently I don't think I'd be able to upgrade floorspace if this wasn't enough. (If I did make a diy cage, I'd be able to give them a second floor at least - I know that's not as good as unbroken floorspace but better than not expanding their space at all, I would imagine?)
Kyrkogrimr is offline   Reply With Quote