Thread: pink bedding
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 08:24 AM  
Charbeaner
Newborn Pup

Default pink bedding

So a few days ago we noticed our hamsters sleeping area was pink (the kleenex bits she was sleeping on were all pink tinged). We had given her a raspberry the day before so I thought nothing of it (assumed she had eaten it in her bed and made a mess) and I changed the bedding in that spot and all was good for a few days. Today though we woke up and her bedding is pink again and she has not had anything pink to eat since.

I am currently trying to find a vet to see her (the two vets in town only see cats and dogs and going to one of the out of town vets is going to take some serious schedule juggling today.) so while I try to get her in I thought I would see if anyone has any advice. Also not sure how hamster knowledgeable the vet will be so any info I can bring would help.

She is alert, and eating/drinking/pooping normally, and I can see no signs of blood or injury anywhere on her body so I am thinking it is coming from her urine? I currently have her in a small carrier on just kleenex to see if she pees red. Are they prone to stones or UTIs? Any other ideas on where it could be coming from?
Charbeaner is offline   Reply With Quote