View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 01:17 PM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Parents upset that I got new cage for hamster

Hi and welcome!

I'm pretty sure that i'm old enough to be your granny and in a way understand the ignorance or disinterest rather regarding hamsters amongst the older generation.
They simply don't know any better and hamsters must be the most underrated and underappreciated pet around.
I didn't know any better when i was young in the 60's and hamsters lived in tiny cages to get played with when it suited the humans not the hamsters.
Even fairly recently, when i got my first hamster, i bought the pets@home xl cage in good faith believing that i had purchased a really big cage. You are not alone.

You know the true value, beauty and charm of these little creatures and now you are amongst people who share this enthusiasm. Now you can talk hamster and people will understand what you're on about.

Don't feel bad about your parents because they don't take the time to find out what hamsters are all about, not everyone likes rodents or snakes or tarantulas etc.

Enjoy your hamster, share your stories and we would love to see a photo of Waffle. Waffle will absolutely love the Savic Plaza. She's a lucky hamster to have you as a friend.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote