Thread: Injured Robo
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2019, 11:39 PM  
10Minutes
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Injured Robo

Finally! Turned out the previous exotic pets vet that I had saved in my contacts had suddenly quit her job and her personal email/ phone number wasn't in service anymore either. Took me quite a while to find a new vet that could take her in, but I finally managed to get one today.

The vet shaved my hamster's butt for easy access to the injury and gave me some medication. She was optimistic it should clear up in about ten days, otherwise I'd have to go back to her for new medication.

This is going to be challenging because I have never done the syringe feeding thing before and I've never been able to hold her, but I will definitely have to keep trying. (Anyone any tips on the best way to scruff and feed a skittish Robo? Vet says the medicine is sweet so hopefully she will like it.)

Thanks for your replies, everyone. I can rest easier at night knowing that my little fur baby is on medication and will hopefully recover soon.

Also, random tip for anyone who is interested: Do try to collect the contacts of a few vets that do exotic pets, just in case the one you usually go to suddenly decides to quit.
10Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote